Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday 11th October 2011…..Final day on the Cape!!

Vicky used to work for me many years ago when I owned a convenience store, she was my only employee and was a great one.  We are good friends and keep in touch even though we are many miles apart….this is a family photo showing Vicky and Lorne and their three children…..what a lovely family and thanks for all the great times we had together!!  A little bird tells me they are having a special anniversary soon….50 years!!!!!

foley fmily

Another photo sent to me today was from Pumping iron Paula and Jerry!!!!!!

pump

My morning started out at 8am playing tennis..what a great way to start the day the sun was shining and I was playing tennis 100 yards from the ocean.

Gregg had taken his parents to am appointment so whilst waiting for him I did some planning and here are the plans and I think and hope they will work!!!

To leave here in the morning and get to a laundry and then drive south towards New York City.  Finding a spot for Ramona was proving a challenge and there was an option of an RV park in Jersey City and a 20 minute ferry ride away from Manhattan but they want 70 dollars a night and I shall be there two nights and I cannot justify that rate…so researched and the plan is to drive to White Plains, New York which is 16 miles from Manhattan.  In White Plains there is a Wal-Mart where I can stay overnight and the train station is 2 blocks away with lots of trains in and out of the city.  So I hope that works for a couple of days.

I have booked a tour Thursday noon out of Times Square….it is costing 80 dollars and below is the itinerary and the tour last 6 hours!!

 

Itinerary:

Get out at all of the following stops:  with tour guide giving information!!

~ Times Square
~ World Trade Center Site
~ New York Stock Exchange
~ Wall Street
~ Trinity Church
~ World Financial Center
~ Federal Hall
~ Madison Square Park
~ Flatiron Building
~ South Street Seaport
~ US Customs Building
~ 5th Avenue
~ Rockefeller Center
~ NBC's Today Show Set
~ St. Patrick's Cathedral
~ Central Park
~ Strawberry Fields
~ Dakota Building

You will also see the Statue of Liberty up close from the Zephyr boat cruise. The stop at Madison Square Park gives you the best photo opportunity in the city for the Empire State Building.

See the following attractions from the comfort of the shuttle:

~ Ellis Island
~ Central Park Zoo
~ Tiffany's
~ Brooklyn Bridge
~ St. Paul's Chapel
~ Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
~ Hudson River
~ East River
~ FAO Schwarz
~ Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
~ Chrysler Building
~ Woolworth Building
~ Met Life Building
~ Trump Tower
~ Plaza Hotel
~ City Hall
~ Washington Square Park
~ New York Public Library
~ Greenwich Village
~ SOHO/Tribeca
~ Macy's
~ Herald Square

So that will be a great way to see the important places.

I will also go in Friday and see any place that I want to re-visit and then in the evening see a show.

So I am hoping all of this works out!!

Map picture

Gregg came home around noon after a little lunch we set out from where Ramona is parked in the kayaks!!!

I reckon we paddled maybe 8 miles and it was wonderful time out on the ocean and the weather was perfect!!

oct11 001

My great host!!!

oct11 003

oct11 010

oct11 011

oct11 012

oct11 014

oct11 015

Tonight Gregg cooked a great supper and we watched some TV…….I have really enjoyed these last few days and thanks to Gregg who has been so wonderfully kind to me!!!!

I will try to post when I can and I wish you all a great evening!!!

4 comments:

Martha and Terry said...

Cape Cod is one of our favorite places!! we are now in California but will someday visit the Cape again -- glad you had such great weather! Good luck with your visit to NYC!! And for future reference there is a park called Sylvan Lake Beach Park right off the Taconic Parkway in Hopewell Junction, NY -- you would have to take I-84 to get there since you would not be able to take Ramona on the Parkway.

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the hint enjoy your travels best wishes Les

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther said...

It looks like you kept your camera dry...just wanted to add that its a great plan for NYC and I hope it works because we just might do that too one day!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...