Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wednesday 30th January 2019.... a good day again!!!!

My normal gym session time of 4.30pm was moved up to 9.30am this morning....this is only for this week but it works much better for me as I don’t have to rush from poker to the gym to my English Class....


So the session was a good work out not too intense as Aaron knows I am not totally 100% healthy...I really think he is a superb trainer and a really great young man!!






I relaxed at home afterwards and then went to Mort’s house which is now the new location for our poker afternoon.........and again happy to report the New Year good luck continues with another deposit of    150   Pesos in my bank account!!






I was able to relax a little afterwards and then went to my English class at 6pm.....


   My three young men were the only Students that showed up and after telling of our paying it forward acts I organized a game night.


We started with a memory test...I had brought twenty different small things and laid them on the table let them look at them for 30 seconds and then covered them up and asked them to write as many as they could remember......they liked this and we did it a few times ....then I took a couple of things away and again they had to guess!!!


Next I had them make6 columns and each had a different heading....countries....sports....jobs....fruits....animals...names...


Then we went through the alphabet and they had to think of a word starting with that letter for each column.....some colours were hard!!!






Next they had to say two sentences..one true and one false and we all had to guess which was which!!!


Then it was word changes...I would write a four letter word on the board and they took turns coming to the front and had to change one letter to make a new word........they liked this game.


Finally we finished with charades and they always enjoy this and they know Wednesday night is chocolate night!!!


It was fun and informative class!!


Now home had some mushroom soup and now going to watch a show!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...