Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday 22nd January 2019...easy come.....

Well had a good sleep I took lots of vitamins and drinks and throat lozenges.....played tennis 🎾 this morning under perfect warm conditions and I really enjoyed my time!!


My friend Sara called me a couple of days ago and said that a company in town were looking for retired volunteers over 60 years of age that live here part time to be interviewed for a survey about a proposed new development coming to town maybe next year..the interview would be about 45 minutes in length and they pay you 1000 pesos...how could I turn that down??


So I went after tennis and met Aldo their representative and really it was just a series of questions about the proposed venture ...it will be like a community living regiment village....the plan looks really great and they had thought of just about everything....


What put me off was the price......for a small studio in the complex with the meals and facilities it would cost around 2600 Canadian dollars a month..way out of my league..there was no pressure selling or anything like that..a real easy 1000 pesos!!






Gracie, Lisa and Bo and I met at the favourite Tuesday dining spot for country fried chicken and mashed potatoes and then back to Bo’s house for a fabulous evening of Mexican Train!!


A good day and I feel not too bad!!!


Watching some more live tennis!


Now this is what a border wall should look like....






Yashi Kochi!

3 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

$2600 per month with meals included is a good deal compared to prices here in Canada. One can only hope that the standard of care remains consistent over time. Unlike some facilities here that start out nice and then change for the worse later. Now you have some free poker money to play with…

mexicokid said...

I suppose it is really....have a great day les

Dee Tillotson said...

Sounds like an assisted living facility for the elderly to me, unless the developer gives you some control or ownership over the real estate. Are you ready for that yet?! Ha! Yum ... yum ... chicken fried steak!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...