Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday 19th January 2019.......the weekend comes quickly!!!

It seems the problem I was having with down loading the photos on to my blog was a temporary issue.....


So yesterday I was out on the scooter and saw the line up at the Mobil station which has been the only station regularly selling gas was down to maybe thirty cars....so I quickly drove to Gracie’s house and got my car and went and got in the line up...the indicator on my dash said I had zero gas!!!!


Fortunately I was able to get to the pumps and filled her up 1050 pesos worth...so now all is good..the car is full...






..the scooter is full....







And when Gracies car comes out of the shop her car is full too...


It seems the gas situation bis getting better but after that awful explosion outside of Mexico City that killed so many people it is still not resolved!!


So the maps in the previous posts show my planned trip at the end of February which I look forward to.


Gracie and her friend Gabrielle had a joint birthday celebration at a local restaurant last night which was a lot of fun especially when the birthday cake arrived!!!









Life is seeming to return to normal after the work of the Three Kings which I so enjoyed and so grateful to many people...I have  written and thanked everyone and also put a thank you letter in this weeks local newspaper!!!


had a great game of tennis this morning and I am enjoying watching live tennis from Melbourne!!


great weather life is good and I am blessed!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, where did you get a candle like that?!! Only in Mexico! It's like a fountain of sparkles. Looks like a great birthday party.

Saw the national news last night at the hotel in Palm Coast, FL. A large group of guests (including us) at the hotel stood in the lobby watching the television news film of the disaster; it seemed as though the flames traveled along a large length of the gas pipeline, so I wonder how many taps there were to kill approximately 70 people. It's hard to believe that all those people were part of a cartel (as Mexico's President has said), but instead probably were individuals who were desperate to get some high price fuel compared to their low incomes.

Looks like a well planned trip; as usual, the last day of travel and crossing the border will be a long one.

mexicokid said...

Yes only in Mexico candles!!

That was a terrible tragedy so senseless..

Should be a good trip I like to drive...hope you saw the eclipse..lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...