Sunday, January 06, 2019

Sunday 6th January 2019......mini road trip!!!

My plan all along had been after the hectic Three Kings event to chill and to take the dogs on a mini road trip to new mountains......


This was all going well until last night when I found out about the gas shortage going on....so I left it in the hands of fate...


I woke early this morning so around 7.15am I took the car to a gas station close by and was happy to see there was a line up of about fifty cars....good sign that means they are selling gas.


Waited patiently for my turn and I fully expected to be told I could only have a small amount of gas...but no ..filled up her 800 pesos worth!!!!


The whole process took me an hour but it was worth it because it means I could go on the road trip.


So packed up some food and drinks for me and the dogs and away we went..I had sort of a plan to do this circular route...






It worked out really well after about45 minutes the scenery changed to mountains...











And then saw this lake in the distance ...






and thought it would be a good place to walk the dogs....










and it was a great walk with wonder views....






Check out his boat!!!!














Back on the road and again more awesome views.....















Now it was time to find a lunch stop and boy was I lucky around almost the next corner was this....






We walked down to the water and relaxed and had lunch.....









We arrived back home without any incidents noting only two gas stations opened with long lines but I read the Governor has ordered the pipelines to be opened and they are saying regular service tomorrow...I hope so as Pili, my scooter badly needs a drink!!


Notice the clean yard and my BBQ burger for tonight!!






Joey my friend sent two more photos from Friday..she has a wonderful eye and love the horse photo..






This next one is special to me because this is the kid that I stopped and kicked the soccer ball to in the field!!!!






What a week!!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Beautiful countryside, great pictures. Thanks for the heads up to Heart Lake! Cheers, Peter.

mexicokid said...

It was a great day out..Heart lake is a uphill challenge but believe me so worth it cheers lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...