Monday, October 01, 2018

Monday 1st October 2018......you know what is coming!!!!

Well these first of the month rabbit days come around quickly..I hope you all said it quickly on first waking up!!!!!


This morning was chore morning starting off with me walking into Centro to make an appointment to see my doctor which will be tomorrow at 1pm.


Over 30 years ago when my parents came to visit me in the small Albert town of Smoky Lake Dad and I were on the tennis courts hitting balls and the next thing I knew I was in the emergency department of the local hospital!!


I had collapsed and they stabilized me and sent me by ambulance to the big city of Edmonton where I stayed for a couple of days....long story short I have atrial fibrillation and my heart beat remains very irregular ...my readers know from all the activity I have done in the last twenty years that this problem does not effect me......


My doctor in Nanaimo assured me that the best advice he could give me was to continue with all my activities, to monitor my reactions and take a baby aspirin every night.....along with getting an annual check up which includes an EKG....and this I do every year.


When I went here in March to see Dr. Marco he did the tests and told me that everything was great but that for a precaution he wanted me to see a cardiologist....there was not enough time to do that before I left in April and I did try to get an appointment in Nanaimo this summer without success.......hence my appointment tomorrow to set this up with a local cardiologist!!


Gracie and I did some chores up at the big shopping mall this afternoon and I came back and have the crock pot full of home made pea 🥣 soup on the go!!!


Next it was time to go to the gym and had a great one hour session with Aaron..he really is a great trainer very attentive and knowledgeable!!!


I have 30 minutes after the session to get to my English class which is one minute walk away so I just stay in the gym sit outside drink and have a banana and then went over for class!!


Their home work for today was to write 5 sentences down.....3 sentences about what they like about themselves and two sentences about what they would like to change about themselves!!


Then to come to the front of the class read each sentence and then the other class members would ask questions and I went first!!


Unfortunately there were only the two young men in class today but it worked out so well we just sat at the round table and talked about all sorts of subjects..they I know enjoyed that!!


I just marvel as they sit there asking questions and absorbing all that this English language involves...they are awesome and I tell them every time they leave class!!


Walked home and had a wonderful bowl of pea soup!!!


When I was in England in the summer I always visit the Crematorium where my parents ashes are and this visit I saw that their headstone  had weathered very badly and the writing was almost illegible.....I spoke to my Brother Malc about getting the stone re gilded and he was in favour so I ordered the work to be done and asked them to send me a photo of the completed work.....looks great!!!


Before







After






Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

It's a good thing to keep an eye on your heartbeat. It's time for peasoup here as well, the autumn winds are blowing, leaves on the ground. Nice to get the headstone spruced up, looks much better...

mexicokid said...

Yes things are changing slowly and I like the work on the stone thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...