Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tuesday 16th October 2018....rain stopped play!

Well that was quite a storm deluge last night and as expected the tennis this morning was cancelled......


Gracie picked me up with the dogs as she was going to her private Spanish lesson and I said I would take them for a walk.......


I drove out out town to La Gruta hot springs and parked there and walked them on the pavement to Atotonilco   ....where we sat in the courtyard and people watched!!






A World Heritage Site, the Santuario de Atotonilco was built in the 18th century by a Father Luis Felipe Neri de Alfaro, who, tradition has it, experienced an apparition of Jesus wearing a crown of thorns and carrying his cross.

The Mexican Baroque mural work on the walls and ceilings of the Santurario is mostly by Antonio Martinez de Pocasangre, and took thirty years to execute. The world-class murals have earned the Santuario the nickname "Sistine Chapel of Mexico."


Afterwards we picked up Gracie and she dropped me home where I continued to work on the Three Kings stuff, this I know is going to take up a lot of my time but I enjoy the challenge and the end results will be well worth it.


I had another wonderful donation of furniture given me for the family that I met last week and we delivered the coffee table and lamps to the house where we were well received and given many thanks.


Tonight being Tuesday it is country fried chicken night...boy did I enjoy that meal......


And there you go another day gone!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Which of Gracie's puppies likes cream of wheat, the small one or the larger one? I think you mentioned that when you were shopping for it in the States. Never could get my dog to eat it, though she would eat leftover grits. People from New York think that raw grits look like soap powder! Ha!

Looks like you have already added extra schools to your Three Kings Day list based on the increase of the number of children from last year; no doubt, you are up to the challenge.

mexicokid said...

Yes love a challenge..the cream of wheat was for Gracie....the brown dog is a rescue dog that Gracie saved a month ago on a road out of town..a tight chain around her neck ribs sticking out...she looks a lot better now...lp

Dee Tillotson said...

In your picture, the brown dog looks calm and confident for a rescue dog, given what it has been through. Other than feeding and a safe place to sleep, Gracie must have given a good deal of love and care. Others I know who have rehabilitated rescue dogs, some of the dogs still retain some nervousness and still a little skiddish, so I have to allow them to slowly approach me for a treat, I can't approach them.

By the way, has Heather said how Boomer is doing? Did he stop biting his tail and, therefore, the infection cleared up?

mexicokid said...

Yes Zmaggies is a quick learner and very sweet but we are looking for a home for her...and Boomer finally is ok his tail healed and no mor biting...best wishes lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...