Monday, October 08, 2018

Monday 8th October 2018....holiday Monday!!

Lots of turkey being consumed in 🇨🇦 today!!


I had an easy morning just messing around with things and getting some letters prepared...for the next few weeks my time is going to be taken up getting the Three Kings toy drive underway..a project that means a great deal to me.


This afternoon I went to my foot Doctor...I don’t actually see the doctor but his lovely assistant takes care of my feet.....she made a separator to be put in between my big and second toe..this stops the friction and the callous it causes on my toe.....did not take her long to make it and it is made out of a plasticine  type of material .


Had a couple of hours on the roof patio with my book until it was time to go to the gym and have my hour workout with Aaron....I find these sessions hard but enjoyable!


I had thirty minutes rest before I took the short walk to school for my English class.


Tonight for homework they had to bring something to class and talk about what and why they had brought it.


It was fun and they did really well and then I showed them my police helmet from Bermuda, my hand cuffs and baton.....they really enjoyed seeing them and hearing my story!!


Here is Adal.....he is very handsome!!






Lalo showing off his watch...






Bere and her marathon medal...






Maria and her family photo...






Saul with the sling that  his Dad made for him...






Gracie was also teaching tonight , she teaches level two and we went up to the local cinema to see the movie which just came out...A star is born!!!


It was an  good show well acted and entertaining........to celebrate the holiday I took a turkey sandwich with me to eat in the theatre!!!


Today is Janet and Malc’s 52nd wedding anniversary and they are somewhere off the coast of Norway an a cruise......hard to believe it is only two years ago we celebrated the big 50!!!








Happy Holidays!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Glad that you celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving in Mexico and with extra turkey for sandwiches the next day, no less. Yes, we have quite a few fantasies incorporated into the US Thanksgiving; as a small child with a role in plays celebrating the US Thanksgiving of happy Pilgrims and Indians (always had a role as an Indian), we were taught that Indians and Pilgrims got along well together. No mention was made that the Indians were the ones who taught the Pilgrims how to grow food and made sure the Pilgrims did not starve to death.

Your Bermuda police helmet seemed to fit your student perfectly. I've always wanted to know why the spike is there on the top of the helmet!

mexicokid said...

The spikes only used for ceremonial duties...otherwise just a flat top..lp

Terry said...

Everyone has heard of Spike Lee.

That's Spike Les.....

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...