Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wednesday 25th December 2013 …Day 10!!!

Well here we are Christmas Day……..just enjoy the day in your own way.

I was out of the house by 9.30am Frances had suggested a hike to me and with good directions as I was at the trail head 30 minutes later.

DSC00828

DSC00829

DSC00830

As with all my hikes this week this one was lovely but quite different scenery enjoy…..

DSC00781

DSC00782

DSC00785

DSC00794

DSC00797

I never see anyone on the trails and I came upon this crop of rock overlooking the canyon and I thought what a great shot that would be..so I got my back pack and placed it on the outcrop and was about to take a photo when a couple came into view and she asked if I wanted her to take a photo..

DSC00799

DSC00800

You can see I am in a T shirt and I never thought I would need my tennis sweat band

DSC00803

This is where in the rainy season the water flows I bet it is very special.

DSC00810

I soon reached the end of the trail mentioned in the book but I saw the trail continued on so I did for about another mile but then turned around.

DSC00813

DSC00814

DSC00815

DSC00820

DSC00822

The panoramic setting on my camera.

When I stopped to have a drink I decided to build my own Christmas Tree.

DSC00825

It was a great hike I was gone just over 3 hours.

Now it was TURKEY DINNER time…..I went to buffet restaurant called Furr’s and for 11 dollars I had copious amounts of turkey

DSC00831

and some white breast meat even found it’s way into a 

Ziploc bag I just happened to have with me!!!!

 

I stopped at the little town of Mesilla on the way home and this is a beautiful Mission church!!

DSC00833

I was back at the casita by 4pm and relaxed for a while reading then watched a good movie and then of course the hot tub and now getting things planned for my last day tomorrow.

Subject: Only Canadians will appreciate this one.

 

One winter morning a husband and wife in Regina were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the  announcer say, "We are going to have 8  to 10 inches of snow today.. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of  the street, so  the snowplows can get through."  So the  good wife went out and moved her car.
A  week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio  announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You  must park your car on the odd-numbered side of   the street, so the snowplows can get through."   The  good wife went out and moved her car  again.
The next  week they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer  says,  "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today.   You must park....." Then the electric power went out.  The good wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said, "Honey, I  don't know what to do. Which side of the street  do I need to park on so the snowplows can get through?"
With the love and understanding in his voice, that all men who are  married to Saskatchewan women exhibit, the husband  replied, "Why don't you just leave it in the  garage this time?"

I am being inundated by e mails from my female readers stating that it is indeed lovely to see shots of beautiful canyons, snow covered trees, years old petroglyphs BUT what about shots of you!!!!

Inundated maybe the wrong word ..perhaps only one e mail..perhaps none at all…but never forget it is my blog and I can do what I want…so here goes ladies……

 

DSCF9555

IMG_8588

IMG_8717

IMG_8825

 

I do so much thinking on these hikes and long days of driving and I do not want to sound like Willie Nelson….but all the women in my life!!!

WomenLunch

In my 65 years I have been privileged to know so many wonderful, intelligent, caring and beautiful inside and out women.  They have shaped my life, taught me about my life and how to be with myself and others… I just want to on this special day acknowledge everyone of them…know that I treasure all the time and energy you gave to me and I really believe that I am the man I am today because of all of you……..You are all beautiful and I have love for you all.

 

Yashi Koshi!!!

 

z

2 comments:

Croft said...

Mesilla has a colorful history. It was here where Billy The Kid was tried, found gutyyt and escaped.

mexicokid said...

Yes I read that tonight on a board in the little town...enjoy N O ....cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...