Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday 16th December 2013….Day 1!!!

We were all packed and ready to go by 7.30 am this morning and it was nice to have Serena and Scott for company…..the drive was easy and just under 4 hours I was dropping them off close to the bus depot in Guadalajara.

Back on the road which was mainly toll and good roads the last part of the journey about 30 miles is hard on very narrow single lane roads and always trucks and buses to slow you down….but exactly 7 hours and 600 km and one tank of gas after leaving home I was in my casita here for 4 days.

I found the place on the Internet and there are 6 bungalows on the property and all new..check it out!!!

DSC00470

DSC00469

That is my place on the left!!

DSC00467

DSC00466

DSC00464

DSC00463

DSC00462

 

 

DSC00461

Not bad for 27 dollars a night..I am the only one staying here and there is a night watchman so I feel safe..it is just a short drive to my friends casita and I went there late afternoon..always great to see Gail and Larry again..it was in February here where we saw each other last…we have been friends for over 30 years and Larry and I  were in the ocean in no time!!!

DSC00457

DSC00459

This next shot is using the panoramic mode on the camera

DSC00460

It was wonderful to be in the surf again one of the few things I miss in SMA.

Gail made a wonderful Les kind of meal!!!

DSC00474

Then I tried on Larry’s new hat!!!

DSC00477

We had a wonderful evening catching up on all our news……

Now it is 10 pm and I am resting with tea the temperature is perfect and looking forward to a good sleep..

Yashi Koshi!!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

Pretty fancy digs!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...