Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday 24th April 2012…. a wet day trip!!!

One big issue is that my passport expires in June so I need to get a new one before I leave on 1st June and as I mentioned yesterday I could have sent the application forms from here but could not be guaranteed to get it back in time so this morning around 8.30 am I left for Victoria which is about a 90 minute drive south down the Island and the weather was like this!!!

DSCF9065

I did stop here on the way down…

DSCF9061

and walked no more than 100 yards from the busy highway to this lovely waterfall!!!

DSCF9055

DSCF9060

DSCF9058

I had the fall all to myself and it was beautiful.

 

I soon arrived in Victoria where parking is at a premium but found a place and then went here

DSCF9062and it only took about ten minutes to have my application checked out and sent and I was told I should receive it by mail at home by 15th May…so that is perfect!!!!!

It would not be a proper day if I do not watch a hockey or a soccer game…so after the passport office I found a great sports bar where I watched a live and important European soccer game on the big screen

DSCF9063

and befitting of being in an Irish pub I ate a bowl of wonderful Irish stew and dumplings!!!!

Just a little story of one of the reasons why I love Mexico……..here I was at lunch time in this bar with lots of other men and women my age and because of one man;s enthusiastic actions another man got really upset and extremely rude and there was almost a fight..go figure!!!  they need to learn about family value from the Mexicans!!!

Anyway I enjoyed the game and the food.

I then went to this great sporting goods store as Heather and Kirby have so kindly offered to buy me a Back pack for my Birthday…I spent about 45 minutes in the store, the staff were very helpful and I did find a pack that I like so I bought it and when I got home Heather and Kirby were so happy that I found one and they will wrap it for my Birthday and I have to act surprised!!!!

I got home at 5.30pm and Heather game me a message that my poker buddies had called and there was a game on tonight.

As in SMA I really enjoy my poker nights my buddies here are all great guys and we have a wonderful time…

DSCF9066

This is the slot in front of me where my 20 dollars used to be!!!!!!!!!!

Say no more!!!!!

I am getting asked in e mails what the meaning of Yashi Kochi is…when I was with Paula and Jerry in Michoacán and the lovely little beach town of Maruta…where we were parked was owned by a local indigenous family and in their native tongue Yashi kochi means …sweet dreams!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...