Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday 26th April 2012………at last a sunny day!!!

Woke up to sunny skies and after we took Boomer to the off leash park came home and I did some paper work, sorted out some clothes and some of my stuff that I am going to take to England and then met Karen and we went off in search of the waterfalls called Ammonite Falls….Kirby gave me some directions and we found the trail head.

It was a lovely afternoon and the trail was easy at first

DSCF9071 

then the first problem showed up…which way shall we go!!!!

DSCF9073

Karen and I agreed to take the left fork and we hiked in on a rough trail and after about a couple of miles we both agreed that this was not right so we turned around and then met a guy on a motor bike and I asked him and he told me we should have taken the right fork….so we got back to where we started and took the other fork….

Brennan lake in the distance!!!

DSCF9072

After about 30 minutes we heard the falls and then up a hill our first sighting!!!!

DSCF9075

About 60 feet high and really flowing fast..I took this scramble down the ropes

DSCF9078

DSCF9077

The waterfall was really neat and the whole hike including the wrong turn was fun!!!

Came home to find Heather having her hair done in time for when Heather and Kirby go on their Alaska cruise next week!!!

DSCF9082

It would not be right if a day went by without me watching a hockey game so I watched the last Canadian team get knocked out of the Stanley cup playoffs!!!

So another great day hard to believe I have been back almost one week!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...