Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Tuesday 2nd November 2010…..home of the potato!!!!

Had a really good sleep last night and woke up at 7am and was on the road a few minutes later with this as my first sight…

nov2 011

followed by this….

nov2 010

It was a good driving morning but perhaps not for this truck driver!!!

nov2 014

I saw at least two dozen of these Fed Ex trucks today…

nov2 013

A beautiful sunny day and lots of wonderful countryside…..

nov2 017

nov2 020

and now in…

nov2 021

Some point during the morning I realized that I had lost the key that opens all my outside compartments….I have no idea how I could have lost this key and a search of Ramona was unsuccessful…I have spare keys in a secret place but to my dismay I had duplicates of everyone except the one I had lost!!!Embarrassed smileSad smile

The first large town I came to I stopped at an RV store but they could not help but I knew Boise a big city was a couple of hours away so I wasn’t worried as I knew I would get some help, so carried on without a care in the world UNTIL>>>> I pulled into the gas station in Baker City!!!!!

What’s the problem you are asking …..well it was then that I realized that I was low on gas and the key for the gas tank compartment…get the picture now…yes the same key that I was missing!!!!Freezing

So I implemented plan B…..found a local lock smith store

nov2 018

and the owner was very helpful he had to take off the lock from one of the compartments after he had picked the lock, then made a key to fit the lock….so 30 minutes later and a few dollars lighter I was back to the gas station for the cheapest gas so far $2.83 per gallon!!!Smile

This was the spot for my lunch stop….

nov2 022

As it was getting dark I leave you with the same sun as this morning but in the western skies..

nov2 026

It is now 8pm and I am parked in the parking lot behind the Best Western hotel just outside Glenns Ferry, Idaho…it is quiet and safe and I have had some Tim Horton’s mushroom soup that I bought a few days ago and froze, had a shower and writing this whilst listening to the Vancouver Canucks hockey game on the radio…life is not so bad!!!!

Another good day drove 410 miles today…heading for Nevada tomorrow…..

1 comment:

Wandering Willy said...

Good to see you are on track and the weather holding.I've been off line for 5 days,so just catching up with bloggerville again.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...