Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Monday 8th November 2010…Happy Birthday Andy yesterday and Malc today!!

Just want to wish these two great guys Happy Birthdays!!!!!

Well I took Ramona to the hospital this morning she was quite sick and in desperate need of a quadruple relay solenoid bypass operation!!

nov8 004

It took Doctor Joe a while to diagnose the problem…

nov8 001

nov8 003

He did find the problem and about 40 minutes later the operation was complete…

nov8 005

I am happy to report that both Ramona and my wallet are doing just fine!!!!Money

Seriously I am just happy that the problem happened here today and not in a few days when I am in Mexico not that the local Mexicans cannot fix things.. they can fix almost anything but I doubt they would have had the part to put in.  So a big thanks to Joe he did great and Kirby, Ron, Paco and Croft this may have been at the root cause of my ticking fridge!!!!!!!  The bill was 160 dollars which I was happy to pay.

Now on the road again and my first stop was

nov8 008

where I enjoyed the trail

nov8 009

leading to some ruins…the view  across the canyon makes them look like little dolls houses!!!

nov8 022

nov8 023

nov8 016

With binoculars I had a good view of the cliff dwellings…

nov8 018

nov8 019

The path down to the cliff face

nov8 013

had some neat pointers on the way

nov8 024

nov8 026

nov8 010

nov8 011

nov8 027

nov8 028

Now back on the road heading towards Monument Valley…

nov8 029

If the time zones didn’t get to me I crossed back intonov8 040again!!!

I soon arrived at the site which is a Navajo Park and I paid the 5 dollars entrance fee and the 10 dollars to camp overnight.  It is just a sandstone parking lot, huge and I am the only RV parked here, do you think Ramona likes her back yard??

nov8 080

nov8 081

I decided to do this hike..

nov8 041

I did put on my sweats and hoodie as it was cooler and the wind a howling….It was a great hike and I know there are a lot of photos..some of the same rock a few times but the light changes made the views quite remarkable…please enjoy them as much as I did taking them!!!!

nov8 042

nov8 048

nov8 049

nov8 061

nov8 043

nov8 062

 

nov8 063

nov8 065

nov8 066

nov8 068

The one above is my favourite!!!

nov8 069

nov8 075

nov8 077

nov8 078

This really was one of those magical times I had the whole valley to myself…I felt pretty insignificant!!!!

This is the view whilst I am inside Ramona having dinner

nov8 084

and this from the bathroom window whilst brushing my teeth!!!!

nov8 085

When I came back from the hike I was wind blown and dusty so I had a nice hot long shower and then dinner…I have found these delicious meats that come in vacuum pack with gravy and they cost 5 dollars and enough meat for two meals..they have turkey, beef, pork and chicken…my kinda food!!Plate

As I write this it is pitch black the rain is pounding down and the wind, well lets just say it is a strong wind!!!  

Hope to watch a movie tonight as I am sure the inverter will be fine.

If it is dry tomorrow there is a 17 mile loop road through the valley…they warn you not to take the RV so Bonita will get a run out ….then in the afternoon to another spectacular, so I have been told, site, Canyon de Chelley, pronounced de Shay…

Monument Valley should go on your Bucket list!!!!

It is now noon Tuesday  and I am in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn about 30 miles from the Valley and using their Internet to send this, sorry it is so long but……had to be.

Had a great sleep the rain didn’t bother me and at 8am this was the view from my back door….

nov9 001

I unloaded Bonita got some real warm clothes on and set off on the 17 mile loop, so hop on the back of Bonita, fasten your helmet down and away we go….Hot smile

nov9 003

nov9 004

nov9 009

 

nov9 010-1

All I can say is this RV owner must be nuts to bring his vehicle on this road!!!

nov9 016-1

nov9 019

nov9 025-1

nov9 028-1

nov9 030-1

nov9 031-1

nov9 034

nov9 036-1

nov9 038-1

nov9 039-1

Hope you enjoyed the ride plus the special effects on some of the photos…OK so now off to Canyon de Chelley dare I tell you that some books say it is even more special than MV………..

2 comments:

Croft said...

The special effects are great Les, the new camera was a good choice.

I am happy to see the electrical problem showed itself before you got to Mexico and I will be very curious to hear if it solved that mysterious ticking problem.

My inverter squeals if I try to draw too much out of it at once ie, trying to plug in the TV, StarChoice, TV speakers and the computer all at once will do it.

mexicokid said...

Thanks for all the comments I have just learned how to reply to them so keep them coming and Croft I am afaid that last night whilst hooked up the lights off the fabled ticking noise returned...Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...