Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday 14th November 2010…a beach day!!!

 

To all my friends on Vancouver Island enduring cold wind gusts and cool rainy weather eat your heart out!!!!

These photos were taken this morning around 8am…

nov14 003

nov14 014

The beach is a hive of activity already…

nov14 005

nov14 006

nov14 007

This is not a great photo but these birds are interesting…

nov14 013

Frigate birds are found over tropical oceans and ride warm updrafts. Therefore, they can often be spotted riding weather fronts and can signal changing weather patterns.

These birds do not swim and cannot walk well, and cannot take off from a flat surface. Having the largest wingspan to body weight ratio of any bird, they are essentially aerial, able to stay aloft for more than a week, landing only to roost or breed on trees or cliffs.

I have been contemplating getting a part time job, I have been retired almost 4 years now but with my natural sales ability and gift of the gab I feel a small part time job would be really good for me and I have been looking and this morning I think I have hit upon the perfect winter job for me so I put in my resume and hope to be gainfully employed in a couple of days….I can just see me doing this!!!!!!

nov14 011

Forgot to mention this yesterday….gas prices here..

nov13 018not very clear but gas is 8.6 pesos a litre…now I just checked and the current exchange rate is 12 pesos per Canadian dollar so you work it out all I know is that it is cheap thank goodness!!

The route I took yesterday..

nov14 002

So back to the beach this morning didn't know what I wanted for breakfast till I saw this cart…nov14 0154 different kinds of fresh muffins…nov14 0182 coconut and 2 banana and no I did not eat them all two for breakfast and two for the freezer…

I didn’t notice these frogs sitting on the poles by the pool…

nov14 017

Well I don’t know where the time went after breakfast I did my run then came back and did some laundry, cleaned up my shoes all the red sandstone from the canyons, cleaned and washed Bonita and then took my lounge chair to the beach and went back and forth between eating, reading, sun bathing, sleeping, people watching especially the kids having such a ball and now I am showered had supper and going for a walk into town……hope you day was as good as mine….

Thanks the kind words keeping rolling inSun

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What beach are you on? It looks like paradise to me. I am jealous and can't wait till the day I can do exactly what you are doing.

Have a great day.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...