Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday 21st November 2010…what a day!!!

Drove to the RV park this morning and I am set up to stay here two weeks, only one other RV here…

nov21 002

I am sorry but I just cannot go any further with this post without mentioning the snow on Vancouver Island!!UmbrellaStorm cloudWilted rose

I got the awning out and the outside carpet and all is well had a few minutes sitting in the lounger just taking in the surroundings and the fact I have been on the road 21 days and drove 4050 miles and here I am in a little part of paradise….Sun

I got showered and dressed and ready to go out when I thought I would just clean my ears a little  with a q tip…..well the right ear was OK but when I attempted the left ear to my amazement the q tip broke off in my ear…..I tried to get it out and managed to push it further in….I knew now I was in trouble….

So it was off to the

nov21 006

Where I went in to the emergency department and it was a breeze, no waits or line ups, just filled a form went right into a booth and a young Doctor came in an examined my ear and told me he would have to cut off my ear!!!!  I liked his sense of humour…I watched  him sterilize a small instrument, into my ear and ..there you have it!!!

nov21 004

It was all over in 30 seconds…I paid the bill $20 for the Doctor’s services and $16 for the Hospital services!!!    I do have some adventures!!!!

Then it was off to Casa Hogar, every three months they have a huge Birthday Party and the girls who have birthdays in that quarter celebrate their birthdays.

My girls did not know that I was coming and when the saw me both ran like crazy and hugs and kisses were the order of the day…it was so good so see them.

They both have grown but although Paola is one year older Daniela is almost the same size.

nov21 060What a lot of teeth!!!!!!!

 

Paola has had her hair cut quite short…

nov21 031

Daniela has a retainer that she wears sometimes..

nov21 008

nov21 007

The girls and Lupita ( Daniela’s sister )…

Do you think the birthday cake tasted good??

nov21 058

The Birthday girls…

nov21 023

Each day two of the older girls take care of the younger girl’s hair…this is Daniela!!!

nov21 057

It was just a great afternoon and it seemed like I had not been gone, all the girls remembered me and came up to me and they feel so safe and secure.  Had a fabulous time and look forward to seeing them lots this winter.

I then went to Linda and Guy’s and had a wonderful supper and Linda and I watched a good movie….forgot to mention that they now subscribe to a Canadian cable company, Shaw cable and last night I watched the Canucks get hammered in the hockey game by the Blackhawks!!!

I then went down to the central zone where the gardens and the beautiful church are located and watched a 15 minute light and music show on the church, words cannot describe how special and incredible that was… the photos really do not do it justice…

church 005

church 015

church 021

church 023

So my first full and interesting day comes to an end……

It was lovely to connect with the girls again!!!!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Les, you are leading a charmed life!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...