Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sunday 7th November 2010…. a little blip!!!

While I was watching a movie last night the inverter went nuts and this piercing scream emitted from it and I immediately turned it off…those of you who read here regularly know that “things” are not my strong suit but I know I need the inverter to work so decided to stay here an extra day as the repair shops are closed.

So I had already planned to see another famous canyon so off I went after my breakfast of poached eggs!!!

I think this balloon driver had too much to drink last night!!!

nov7 001

A few miles out of town is this place..

nov7 127

Well worth the price of admission..

nov7 003

You can only go into the slot canyon with a guide and I joined a group of 12 and Joe was our excellent guide for the 90 minute tour

nov7 006

The slot in front of Joe is the entrance to the canyon, good job I am so lithe and skinny…see I have forgot about yesterday already!!!!!

Just an amazing sandstone slot and what the effects of water can have enjoy these photos…

nov7 007

nov7 009

nov7 015

Joe kept pointing out different rock formations and what they represented some I could see,  some I could not   …got this eagle one though!!!

nov7 065

This one he called Napoleon and for the life of me I could not see it then when I downloaded the photo it just jumped out at me!!!!!

nov7 091

We were down about 150 feet and it was such a neat thrill…

nov7 058

nov7 047

nov7 039

and Janet( my lovely Sister in law) before you give me grief for wearing the same shirt two days in a row I want you to know I did launder it last night!!!!Rolling on the floor laughing

nov7 122

nov7 107

It was a great tour…I then found a nice quiet spot with a view of the desert rocks got my chair out and read and sunbathed for a couple of hours.

It was good to have some quiet time I then spent about 90 minutes on Ramona, cleaning, sorting and doing some necessary weekly chores…then came into the parking lot of McDonalds had a lovely shower and dinner and now I am inside the restaurant they have free Wi-Fi…..

Later on I am going to Wal-mart mart and buy some groceries that I need to take to México then back to the library parking lot where I shall spend another night and then hit the RV repair shop in the morning then head to my next stop Monument Valley…..thanks for joining me on my journey…..

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Surreal. Truly amazing photos.

As for your inverter, was it because your batteries were low? That's the sound mine makes when the batteries can no longer manage the load.

Esther said...

Those are fantastic photos Les! I want to go there!!!
I agree about the low batteries causing the inverter to squeal.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...