Sunday, November 11, 2007

Well arrived home safe and sound about 1.30pm. which is more than I can say for my suitcase which is some where in outer space between Dallas and Seattle, actually American Airlines just called me and told me they would deliver the bag tonight!!

I don't have the skills or the articulation to describe my flight from Dallas to Seattle, it left about 5.30pm and I have seen sunsets, many wonderful ones, in different countries but I have never experienced one quite like this from up above the skies. We were way above the clouds but you could look down on the clouds and they looked like a huge fluffy blanket and then on the horizon the sun went down. There was a multitude of colours deep reds, orange, purple which I tried to capture on film but couldn't. Once the sun went down the whole length of the horizon remained in a spectacle of colour and because we were travelling west lasted for about 45 minutes. It was so special that the flight crew stopped the in flight movie and everyone was glued to the windows. Truly a vision I shall never forget.

All went well with the flights and I managed to get bulk head seats with the extra leg room that I like. I had to go through US customs in Dallas and claim my bag then re-check it. This is the first time at customs I have had my photograph taken and also an electronic imprint of both index fingers!!.

I arrived in Vancouver at mid night and my shuttle bus to the hotel was waiting and I was in bed by 12.30am.

Woke up at 8am to a live English soccer game which I watched in bed!!!!What a life. If I had my case I would have gone and found a remembrance parade but too cold so watched one from Victoria on TV. Next door to the hotel was a IHOP so pancakes for breakkie then a shuttle to the sea plane terminal. This is where I made a huge mistake and did not take my camera on board with me. The shots of the take off and landing would have been very neat.

Arrived home at 1.30pm and had a truly wonderful time meeting new friends, seeing how another country their people and lives co -exsist. Thanks for all the nice comments on the blog and also the e mails.

I had planned to dash off to mexico in the next few days but i have an apppointment on 21st that i must attend so will be around for a few days. Thanks and PURA VIDA>>>

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...