Saturday, November 24, 2007

Welcome to day 2 and this post is going to be a little different as I have decided not to post any pictures today but to use my incredible command of the English language, articulate skills of prose and vibrant descriptions to portray the day's activities. For those of you that know me you will probably guess that I was silly enough to delete all my pictures whilst transposing them from the camera to the computer! Won't do that again. You would have seen some spectacular ocean views complete with mist and rain. The incredible bridge to Astoria....The huge cheese factory in Tillamook and some gorgeous rock formations in a bubbling and frothy ocean.

I am now parked in a biblical setting, right by a babbling brook, in a small RV park in Netarts, which just outside Tillamook, Oregon. This park is quiet and with my Passport America membership the cost is 12 dollars for all the same facilities I had last night. It is 6pm and after going to have a shower it will be a chicken dinner tonight, again thanks to the Granary, then I think a Saturday night movie.

My very dear friends bought me a GPS unit before I left and I am just amazed at what this small little unit will do. I program in where I want to go and I have it mounted on my dash and the lady inside the box tells me when to turn, right, left or what ever and tells me how far I have gone or if I have missed a turn, she even tells me when to stop for a bathroom break! (Heather, Mary, Barbara I am just kidding!!) There is no reason now to ever get lost.

What modern technology can do..this morning I am driving down this lovely coastal road having a sweet lady tell me where to turn whilst listening to Satellite radio, that came already installed in Ramona, a live English soccer game..

Another great day so far no problems I just drive rather slow and enjoy seeing the world outside. Hope you all have a great sunday...

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...