Sunday, November 04, 2007

Good evening from my hotel room just outside the working seaport of Quepos on the Pacific coast.
Had a great trip here, as always I never know what to expect but booked my bus here over the Internet with the same company I have used twice before so I was hoping their great service continued and it did. I had to be at the same hotel for pick up at 7.45am and the driver was waiting for me in a small 14 seater very nice passenger van, I paid my 29000 colonies and he said he had two more passengers to pick up at another hotel. I went and sat at the back of the van, I was able to stretch out over the whole seat very comfortable, I had sandwiches and drinks and I was a happy camper!!!! We went to the other hotel and found out they had cancelled their trip so just Ernesto and me and away we went. The trip took just over three hours through lush green country side on small narrow and steep roads. Just after 12 noon I was dropped of at the entrance to me hotel, so easy and so much better than the public bus it would have been so much more difficult and uncomfortable. Checked in to my room which is very large and sleeps six, the pool is 20 steps away and the sunset view the same distance away from my room, I even get my own watch perro(dog).

I decided not to unpack but to take advantage of the rest of the afternoon. To give you the lay of the land Quepos is the small town and there is a very narrow and steep 6 kilometers long road that goes to the Manuel Antonio National Park entrance and my hotel is about half way along this road. I took the bus to the park entrance but didn't go into the park saving that for another day. Outside the entrance is a typical small town with tacky tourist stalls, bars and with it being Sunday quite a very very happy Tico's and gringo's!!!!!
It was such a pleasure to see, feel and smell the ocean again, I walked the length of the this beach about a mile and then back, got the bus back and went into Quepos for a look around.
The National Park is closed on Monday's so for tomorrow I have booked what they call a canopy tour. These are all the rage here and the brochure says " You will sail through the treetops of the tropical rain forest canopy and over the trails below. There are 9 exhilarating zip lines to the pulse pounding repel lines, suspension bridge and Tarzan swing, you are guaranteed a thrilling adventure" Anybody want to come with me??
Well another interesting day that went off with out a hitch. I am so lucky three weeks in a central American country and not one small issue at all. The sunset was enthralling tonight and I feel happy to be by the sea and look forward to some fun days here......have a great evening

Before Chris gets on my case the photos are of the public beach outside the Park, the stall in that same place by the beach, then the town and fruit stand is in Quepos and the sunsets from the hotel...

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...