Thursday, November 29, 2007

 

 

 

 



Today was broken up into two seperate tours, this morning I went to Alcatraz Island prison there is so much to tell about this great 3 hour tour that would take up too much time but please google it and read all about the change from Army fort, to Army prison, to Federal prison to State park From the moment I stepped onto the ferry to the island and the return the tour was first class and I was impressed with how close the island is to such lovely scenery, wealth and beautiful vista's yet it was a hell on earth for the inmates. A couple of interesting points was that in the gift shop on the way out was a man selling his own book, he was an inmate here for 4 years. The flowers on the island and views and the #152 cell, that was my Police Number in Bermuda. This was a very impressive tour and I learned a lot of history and of course having the sun shining all the time was a bonus.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...