Thursday, November 29, 2007

 

 

 

 


The afternoon was spent on a tour that friends took a few weeks ago called Mr.Toad Tours, so I took their advice and after the morning tour and lunch on Fisherman's Wharf I boarded the 1912 car for my personal two and half hour tour with Charles the owner. This reminded me of those tours I took in Costa Rica when I was the only person on the tour. This was just incredible to be driven around town in this great vehicle and Charles was very informative. I saw many sights the fortune cookie factory was cool, the close up of the bridge, the Victorian houses, so much I learned about the city and it's history. I even learned just how the cable cars work and of course it is by a cable that is laid about 4 inches below the pavement and it runs at 9 m.p.h. and the cars hook onto this cable and are pulled up and down the streets and we passed the main system house where this starts. Just a wonderful tour and I know feel that I know quite a bit about a city, the history and lifestyle.

I made it back from downtown by train and bus and arrived back to Ramona at about 6.30pm, a long day but one I shall not forget, hope you enjoy the photos.....tomorrow I hope to be in Carme-by-the-sea and I have a lunch date with Clint Eastwood ( he lives here)...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...