Monday, October 24, 2022

Monday 24 th October 2022….Hole in the road!!

 Tom’s Dad, Mark celebrated his birthday today, hope you had a great day!!

The story of the hole……

On Saturday evening when I came home I noticed right outside the garage door on the cobble street a little trickle of water was coming up from the cobbles and flowing down the street, it was a very small amount.

The next morning I saw it was still flowing so I called the water company and reported the leak, this was around 9.30am Sunday morning…





When I came home that evening nothing had changed and I went to bed….

Around 12.30 am this morning I hear voices and the sound of pick axes below my window and I got up and peeked outside and sure enough two guys were there with a pick axe digging up the road……

I managed to get to sleep and this morning at 8 am when I went out to walk to yoga, sorry I did not have my phone with me to take a picture, but there was a hole maybe three feet deep and about four feet in circumference right outside my garage door, no workmen anywhere and the hole was cordoned off with yellow tape.

Good job I was not needing the car as I could not get out…I was gone 70 minutes and when I came home the tape was gone and the hole was filled and the cobbles back in place and again no one in sight…..interesting way to do repairs!!!


I spent a nice hour on the roof relaxing…..





Then took Frida out and again saw this lovely horse outside the local market!!!






Another great English class tonight and everyone showed up and they are doing so well…


I like this…





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...