Monday, August 15, 2022

Monday 15 th August 2022…a bit of everything!!

 Time for a feel good story…..

Last week when Lynn, JoAnn and myself delivered our food hampers we had one box of food left and all three of us agreed that there was an old woman who actually lives close to me who sits in her garage doorway and sells BBQ corn everyday and that she deserved the last food hamper……

When we arrived there the old lady was sat by the bbq but also so was her son and his wife…..it turns out the lady is 90 years old…..

I asked permission to take their photo and later that evening I posted the story and the photo on my FB page and also on the SMA Civil list.





The next day I received an email from Jan in Connecticut who saw my post and told me that she used to live next door to this family and how lovely and kind they were to her…..Jan included a photo taken three years ago in the same place but with the two young daughters!!





Jan asked me if she could send me a cheque and if I would be kind enough to convert the cash into pesos and take it to the family.

Well I did that this afternoon…….Israel speaks some English and I showed him the photo of Jan and his family and that she sends her love to them and also some money which I gave him……..the smiles on the girls faces this afternoon speaks volumes!!!!





What a great act or kindness Jan!!


Took Frida on a walking tour is some of the murals in my hood!!




I love this one it is the very famous Mexican lady Frida Kahlo and my Frida…






This shot was taken from my living window yesterday…the bikes are in town.





Same shot tonight with all the heavy rain, I fear tennis will be cancelled mañana!





Good job I got this word right in Wordle!!!





I like this..





Stay safe and healthy,,


Yashi Kochi!!!





Stay safe and healthy!!


Best wishes Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...