Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Wednesday 20 th July 2022…ten years ago!!!

 This is my blog from ten years ago today!!!!



Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday 20th July 2012…on the move again!!

I left this sleepy little town on the 10am bus for the huge metropolis of Athens…this was the nicest bus so far

DSCF2741

and even better that it was an express bus and did not stop to pick up more passengers just stopped once for a 20 minute break and by 4pm I was at the bus station in Athens.

I had made arrangements to stay with a couch surfing hostess and Ina and I had been e mailing for a while and she told me the best way to get to her apartment which is quite centrally located was by cab….so about 4.30pm I was ringing the bell to Ina’s apartment…what a lovely lady and her serial licking dog Mona was so excited to meet me!!!

We sat and got to know each other and 

 

had tea and then took Mona for a nice long walk up the hill behind the apartment.  It was a perfect time the sun was just going down and it is only from this height you get an idea of what a huge sprawling city it is.

DSCF2743Like this photo above not much history  though….

DSCF2763Just some old ruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot wait for tomorrow and a closer look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the church on the summit is beautiful

DSCF2764

as were the views!!

DSCF2749

DSCF2765

Ina and Mona….

DSCF2757

DSCF2753

It was a great evening and Ina is so easy to talk with and a very interesting lady and I think her English is better than mine!!!

So another wonderful day and looking forward to seeing some of the history tomorrow……Les


Stay safe and healthy!!!



Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...