Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday 24 th June 2018....two things I enjoy waterfalls and tennis!!!

think you know by know that the English folks love their football and as the team we’re playing at 1 pm today the tennis match got switched and I took advantage of that this morning to say goodbye and thank you to Penny, my lovely host and drive about one hour to here...












I did the trail it was very lovely here are some of the shots..





















This waterfall I really liked you could scramble up almost behind the falls..






Taken from behind the falls..










Everywhere the views are awesome.....















I arrived at the tennis venue in time to watch the last set of the women’s final...the final set went into a tie break so you can tell how exciting that was...
















Then there was a break whilst they showed the England soccer game in the big marquee tent....


A resounding victory for the England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 squad..


Then it was the men’s final..my seat was on the opposite side from yesterday which was better but I was right on the front row as you can see from those shots of the women.....for the men’s I moved up about nine rows and got a much better view....this game also was exciting and the level of tennis very high!!















I enjoyed the weekend of tennis.......


The drive home was fine and I arrived after dinner but Janet, bless her, and put a nice plate of food on hold for me so I enjoyed a lovely home cooked dinner.


So I am home for a few days before my last road trip which starts on Thursday...you will have to check in to where this one leads!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...