Monday, June 25, 2018

Monday 25 th June 2018...I DID IT!!!!!


I was up at 7 am having a cuppa in bed with the computer and it was already hot!!!!!!




From the internet....


The UK has enjoyed - or endured - the hottest weather of the year so far, with temperatures of 30C in London.

The country is officially experiencing a heatwave, with more 30C days expected later in the week.

Fears that railway tracks could buckle in the heat prompted Network Rail to introduce speed restrictions.

And the Met Office has issued a yellow health warning for heatwave conditions between Tuesday morning and Thursday evening.

The warning, in the west and north-east of England, means there is an 80% chance of temperatures which could be a risk to health, and is intended to help social and healthcare teams prepare.

Janet went to work in the Salvation Army charity shop today and Malc went golfing so I was all on my own and for the first part of the day boy was I lazy..


First of all I had a bowl of cereal and read the national newspaper from cover to cover.....then I had poached eggs and did some planning for this weekend, you will have to wait for details of that one.....and then I was ready to work!!!


My first job was to give Stella a shampoo and polish!!!


Who is Stella do I hear you asking??





Yes we have a name for the caravan!!!


Washed her down top to bottom she looks good.....


Then it was out to the curb outside the house....weeds were growing in the curb edge and I decided to get down on my hand sand knees and remove them...









Looks good I think.....


Then it was time to relax and read my book on the lounger in the back yard...


After a light meal I was off to the tennis club....there is one in town and I played there last year but the circumstances changed and I have not been this trip until tonight....I went and joined in a practice session with three young budding stars....the four of us hit balls for one hour..considering I have not touched a ball in three months...I was borrowing Tom’s racket and I am 70 years of age I thought I did well.......


It was a great joy to be out on the courts instead of watching!!!!


These were taken in the back garden on my return!!!









Yashi Kochi!!!


2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, I think I see some Wimbleton tickets in your future! Good luck at pushing through the crowds. Yep, it's around 96F. here with high humidity and with thunderstorms at the end of the day to cool things down. I'm sure Stella appreciates the bath, and she still looks good, especially with the large window to take in the views. The England heat can't be too bad if Malc decided to play golf.

mexicokid said...

We Pearson boys are a hardy bunch....amazing weather really.....no not Wimbledon this time I went there several years ago and my next biggie is the US Open.....off to the ocean today best wishes les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...