Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thursday 21st November 2013……Final day!!!

So here I go again except this morning was very gloomy skies but not cold and we started our River walk at 7.45am and walked for 90 minutes passing by the Alamo!!

DSC00183

Had out last wonderful buffet breakfast and a few goodies for the road and then Kirsten came and the three of us went hiking to the hill country, went to see the old Missions, went for a cruise on the river.NOOOOO

we went shopping!!!!!

It was OK I had some last minute stuff to get and Carolyn had a bigger list so we spent the whole day till 5pm in the malls and stores and then it was back to the same funky diner as a couple of days ago so I could have my last chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes!!!   Carolyn’s Brother philpi joined us and we had a great last meal……Kirsten said goodbye to her Mum and we came back to the hotel where I spent an hour getting the car packed up believe me there is not much room left in the vehicle…I have the back seats folded down so lots of room but it is all taken!!

So now just catching up on e mails and making sure we have everything  ready and I even made my sandwiches for tomorrow.

The plan is to leave whenever we get up and we hope for a short stop at the border and then a good and safe drive home…it should take in all about 12 hours but if we get delayed anywhere and we are tired we will stop and spend the night……so I may or may not blog tomorrow evening….hope you enjoyed the little trip into Texas!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...