Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday 11th November 2013…a day to remember!!!

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all the women and men of the Armed forces and their families for their sacrifice and support on this special day of remembrance.  My Grandmother’s first husband died on the beaches of Normandy and as a youngster my parents actually took us to view his grave in one of the cemeteries in France where there were thousands or rows of tombstones!!

remember

vets

It was cleaning day so as usual I got things ready for patty to come and then went to yoga.

It is a huge tradition in England that on this day at 11am in the morning everything stops and there is two minutes of silence to celebrate the ending of the first world world war at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month…so how fitting at yoga the class started and at 11am we were meditating so for two minutes I helped celebrate in my own way!!!

Did some chores and some shopping after class and then came home and finished the prep work for class the theme of course will be about Remembrance day….and then settled in and watched the finals of the men’s tennis from London…what a game and what superb athletes!!!

I then went to class and I took a poppy with me and told them all about the meaning of the poppy and I had printed off a hand out explaining all about this day…I know they found it so interesting…it was a great class.

Special blessings to all my readers!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...