Saturday, January 19, 2013

Friday 18th January 2013…Happy Birthday Linda!!

Happy Birthday Linda thanks for your friendship and support all these years hope you and Guy have an awesome day!!!

IMG_7691

Well still really cold here had to go out at 10am on the scooter and it was really cool…..I met Jeannie a fellow couch surfer who is in town for a few days for coffee always nice to meet like minded travellers!!!!

I then went to pick up Paola and had a nasty shock outside her home were two police cars and two police officers and 2 very well dressed women who were writing feverishly on notepads…this is where the language barrier is difficult ….I asked the police officer if there was a problem and he told me no and then I told him I was a good friend of Paola and I had come to take her out for breakfast..to my amazement he let me take her…she was obviously very shook up and  we had arranged to meet Sara but when we got to the library couldn’t find Sara so went across the street where I knew Carolyn was in a Spanish class and I interrupted the class and Carolyn came out and spoke to Paola and told me she was very upset but just that she was home this morning when the police banged on the door and came in the house…..her Mother was at work but her older Brother was home.

I took Paola for breakfast and then took her back to the house and the police and 2 women were still there and I dropped Paola off and left….this was so disturbing and not having any idea what was going on.

I came home and called my good friend Robin who knows Paola and her Mum and asked if she would call the Mum and see if she will say what was going on…..Robin did call but got the voice mail so left a message…so hopefully she calls Robin back tonight…..

Went out to dinner at Karen’s and Gregg’s house tonight it was a lovely evening good food and great company…..

Back home and still not heard from Robin….

Now let it be warmer tomorrow please….

Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...