Thursday, October 04, 2012

Thursday 5th October 2012…another busy and great day!!

I promise this will be the only time I will say this for a few weeks  BUT I woke up to lovely blue skies and sunshine…actually it is just a tad cool till the sun comes out and shines for a while but 9am all is well.

It was driving Miss Daisy, well actually Carolyn, on some errands, she is still under the weather, after I dropped her back at her casa I went to look at an apartment…it was a nice apartment and the price was good but it just did not feel right for me so I am going to say no thank you to the owner.

I then went to meet my lovely friend Robin and we had lots to talk about and it was great to see her again and to catch up on everything including the issues at Casa Hogar….from there it was to visit another good friend, Karen, the owner of Casita Doris where I stayed last winter, we also had a good visit and caught up on all our news…this is the street outside Karen’s casa.

DSCF5967

DSCF5966

Then stopped at the vegetable market..

DSCF5968

At 6pm I went to CH and picked up Ampara, the social worker there, she was taking me to meet Paola and her Mother.

I had a quick visit with Daniela …here we are fooling around and making fun of how much she has grown!!!

DSCF5970

DSCF5969

  We drove just a few blocks and there was Paola and her Mum on the street corner.  I got out and got huge hugs and smiles from Paola and introduced myself to her Mother, Ericka.  They got in the car and we went to their house.

Ericka was very friendly and I am sure she knows how Paola and I have bonded.  The house is really just three separate buildings, sparsely furnished but clean.  I was saddened to learn that Paola’s two younger Brothers have gone back into the local home for boys….her older Brother is at home and I met him he is 13 years old.

I asked if it was possible to take Paola out on outings and her Mum said it was fine.  So I am picking Paola up on Saturday afternoon.

 

It was lovely to see her again and although I worry about her living conditions regarding nutrition and hygiene and emotional issues it is where she chooses to live.  I will not give Paola or her Mother any money but when I do visit I will take fruit for the family and a couple of little personal items for Paola.

DSCF5972

I was back home by 8pm after a busy but lovely day.  I will be happy to get the scooter and use that instead of Yaretzi on the busy and cobble roads…life is swell in Paradise!!!

2 comments:

haciendacontreras said...

That looks like a genuine smile on Paola's face. Hopefully she is happier now. Good job Les.

Carol said...

The girls look great... And you look so happy too! So glad you get to see them both.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...