Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday 20th October 2012….sports and Paola!!!

Up at 7.30am and watched the second half of a live soccer game from England whilst having breakfast then at 9am off to the tennis court for 2 hours of really good men’s doubles…I did enjoy the game, the players, the fun!!!

Back home in time to watch another live soccer game again from England, a sports nut, me??  Don’t think so….at 1.30pm I took Catalina who comes to the house every Saturday back to the bus stop on the scooter she enjoys that!!!

Then went to pick up Paola..I was hoping to hear from CH last minute to see if I could take out Daniela but I did not hear back and that is sad.

Paola and her Mother and brother were home…her Mum, Ericka is very friendly and I asked if it was Ok to take Paola to the dentist next Tuesday morning before school and she said I could and also asked if I could take her swimming next Saturday and that I would buy Paola a swim suit today…again that was OK it is nice to be able in my broken Spanish to ask these questions and hopefully with my classes and lots of study and communicating with the girls I will get better.

I had planned to take a picnic and take the girls to the canyon and botanical gardens but with just Paola I decided on Plan B.

We came to the house and she picked a movie to watch

DSCF6242

DSCF6243

I made her a really nice sandwich and juice which she said she liked after the movie she helped me a little peeling some potatoes, we picked some flowers from the garden and then she worked!!!

DSCF6250

DSCF6251

DSCF6252

Putting out the cat food…

DSCF6253

Then a treat she spoke to Sara, Heather and Paula and Jerry….a special thrill for my friends!!!

DSCF6248

It was interesting to see Paola use my computer she knew how to get on You tube and listen to music.  A friend of Carolyn’s has donated 40 computers to CH and I am going to see if Carolyn will speak to her friend and see if he will donate one more for Paola…I know she will not have Internet but at least she can write reports, play games and down load some music and then I can take her to the library and to Starbucks to get on the Internet.

Then it was of to the shop to buy her a swimming costume..

DSCF6254

She picked out this really nice two piece and the shock was at the till it registered for only 35 pesos….the cashier checked it three times but yes I got it for 35 pesos…not even three dollars….I think it is a little big for her but for that price she can save it for next year….her she is modeling.

DSCF6255

Stopped to watch some ladies playing soccer..

DSCF6256

I then stopped at the small bakery close to Carolyn’s house and bought a few things for Paola to take home to her Mum…the cashier told me the cost was cuarenta y cinco..I knew how much this was but I asked Paola how much that was in English and she immediately said 45…I was so proud of her..even the girl behind the counter smiled and told her well done!!!

I dropped her back home 4 hours later her Mum was there and she was very nice and always smiling and thanked me for the baked goods…..

I am not just saying this because of my relationship with Paola but she was so well behaved always saying please and thank you..she just loves to help..she takes the keys for the scooter knows how to start it how to lock her helmet away and she was always smiling and obviously very happy and the thrill and joy for me to be around her is priceless!!!!!

BBQ some chicken and a quiet evening studying and watching TV.

I did hear from Carolyn and happy that she arrived in Puerto Vallarta after an 8 hour drive….

Another wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

So wonderful to chat with both of you. Looks like you had a wonderful time together. Thumbs up!

mexicokid said...

she was such a joy today...hurry up come down and see for yourselves.....have a great Sunday Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...