Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday 11th July 2012….a work out!!!

French toast outside on the terrace was how I started my final full day in Croatia….I needed a good breakfast because I had decided to go the top of the mountain!!

DSCF2159

There are two ways to get up there…..the cable car…3 minutes in duration and 127 Kuna's in cost!!

DSCF2093

 

DSCF2094

Or the old fashioned way..duration 90 minutes…cost lots of water!!

DSCF2125

I guess you know the choice I made!!!

DSCF2126

 

DSCF2132

It was a tough hike but at the top the views made it all worthwhile!!!!

DSCF2133

 

That is the Island I paddled around yesterday!!!

Up in the clouds!!!

DSCF2143

The old city sure looks beautiful from up here!!!!

the hike down was much easier and I really enjoyed the start to my day. 

I was home for 2pm and a cool shower was so refreshing and then some lunch and off walking again this time to walk around the old walls!!!

DSCF2158

This is the main street!!

DSCF2161

DSCF2170

DSCF2167

DSCF2177

DSCF2174

This is supposed to be the oldest operating pharmacy in the world 700 years!!!

DSCF2148

After all this walking it was time to head to a beach there is one much closer than yesterday but so packed but I did enjoy swimming and snoring!!!

If I have one complaint about this wonderful country is that appears that everyone and his dog smokes!!!!!!

 

The beaches are like a smoke stack, restaurants everywhere it is very noticeable and not pleasant!!

I was back at the apartment by 8pm and cooked a little supper and then packed up the back pack.

I leave on the 10am bus in the morning for the three hour trip to Montenegro I have an apartment booked for two nights in the town of Kotor so I hope my luck with accommodation keeps going….hopefully will have Internet.

Map picture

So now Slovenia and Croatia done and boy the are spectacular countries that I would recommend to anyone!!!

I came across this poster advertising a photo gallery would loved to have gone but did not have time.

I shall never forget this photo it was on the cover of National Geographic years ago…a haunting face is ever I saw one!!!

DSCF2095

Blessings!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...