Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday 30th July 2012….muddy and marvelous!!!

The hotel provides breakfast and I had some fruit, yogurt, different yogurt here and some very tasty French/Turkey toast..I retrieved my frozen drink bottles from their freezer and packed up and ready for a day of whatever!!!!!

My research shows a little village about 8km away where they have red travertine's and mud baths and that sounded appealing so I got on the local mini bus for 2 Lira and off I went.  I was dropped in the center and there was a nice hotel offering spa and mud baths so I checked it out…they wanted 30 Lira for me to go in and I would have access to the mud bath and thermal pool I went in for a look around and it just didn’t seem right for me so walked further into town and saw another sign for another hotel 400 meters up a hill and I went there and this was much nicer and I enquired there and asked if I could look around first it took only a few seconds to decide this was the place..paid 25 Lira which included a towel and a swim hat…just wait till you see how cute I look in a swim hat!!!

There was no one else around at all except a maid who took the photos for me…that is what I like a place to myself!!!

 

WARNING!!!!!!

Some photos from here till the end of the post contains scenes of partial nudity and are not fit for any female readers under the age 55 years!!!!

Remember you have been warned!!!!

DSCF3542

DSCF3545

DSCF3552

You see I ditched the hat!!!!

DSCF3553

DSCF3544

I stayed here over three hours alternating between the hot mud and the thermal pool it was very relaxing indeed!!

On the walk back to the center saw these interesting sights…

DSCF3536

Like in SMA the church bells go off all hours and eventually you get used to it well it is the same here with the Mosques….5 times a day the call to prayer resonates through out the whole town and I like it!!!

I do not know where all these women were going!!

DSCF3534

This could solve my tea withdrawal symptoms!!!

DSCF3538

I caught another mini bus back to my place where I had a little afternoon snooze in the air conditioned room.

4pm and I was ready to go to the ruins and the pools….I figure by this time a lot of the tour buses will have left.

DSCF3558

DSCF3560

DSCF3566

DSCF3574Remember you were WARNED!!!!

As I read in my guide book and mentioned yesterday a lot of the pools were closed from damage and have to be restored but these first pools you see are actually man made..but still interesting!!!

DSCF3587

DSCF3569

I have NO IDEA how this photo got in…… the sun must have been in my eyes!!!  Don’t forget it is my blog and I can do what I want!!!!

OK here is the last photo and this was so funny this lady asked me to take some photos of her and I did and she asked me if I wanted a photo and I said yes and as I got down and posed this mutt just walked into the picture…cute…..yes I mean the dog!!

DSCF3590

So now it was time to see the ruins they stretch a long way and obviously they do not match Ephesus in grandeur and history but by the same token these ruins are very impressive!!!

DSCF3593

DSCF3592

DSCF3607

DSCF3608

DSCF3609

It was a special feeling to have this whole arena to myself and I sat a while and thought yet again how lucky I am!!!!

DSCF3610

DSCF3622

DSCF3625

DSCF3628

Time to head back to the pools as the sun was setting I spent two hours just watching and marveling at the beauty of it all!!!!

DSCF3636

DSCF3643

DSCF3661

DSCF3677

DSCF3681

DSCF3696

My final shot!!!

DSCF3704

I have never been to a place like this before and I am so glad I made the choice to put it on my list…..magical day!!!

Tomorrow is a long travel day…3 buses and about 7 hours which will put me back on the coast again in a town that sounds neat called Side!!!!!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

How wonderful to spend time in such historical places. I envy you. I'm really enjoying your pictures. Thank you for your interesting blog.
Elaine in Saltair BC

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...