Saturday, July 07, 2012

Saturday 7th July 2012….bus day!!!

Left this great little apartment at 9am and walked down to the main road to wait for the bus that would come along soon to take me to my next destination a little town called Skradin which is the base of the Krka National Park which I want to visit tomorrow…you have to remember that I am really doing this blind not knowing bus schedules or routes but with research there were two ways to get to this village and I assumed the bus would take this route…WRONG!!!!

DSCF1771

The bus came and I told the driver where I wanted to go and he told me he does not go there but he does go to the big city of Sibenik which is about 15 miles away..so the choice was made for me.  Another thing I realized is that weekends are not a good time to travel by bus……I got the last seat and away we went.  On Google map it is about 190km but the bus went through various small villages but with pretty scenery…

DSCF1772

 

DSCF1777

DSCF1778

DSCF1784

So I arrived in Sibenik around 2.30pm and now had a choice to make….I enquired about a bus to SKradin and was told there was one in 50 minutes so do I wait and take that bus and try and find a room there and visit the park tomorrow then Monday have to make my way back to this bus station because this is where I get the bus on Monday to go to Dubrovnik or do I stay and try and find a room here in the city.  I decided on the latter.

I got my packs loaded up and walked outside the bus station and was going down the street towards the sign that I had seen for tourist office when I was approached by this lady perhaps in her seventies asking me in perfect English if I was looking for a room.  My travel book talked about these ladies and I had actually seen them in action in Pula last week, so I listened to what she had to say telling me that she had a room very close by for 200 Kuna's a night….I asked if it had a kitchen and she said yes she would show me…I said I would go look and off we went.  She told she had a brother who lives in Vancouver when she learned I was Canadian…on the way she showed me the market, the bank and we were in the old center of town and after a couple of minutes came down this street

DSCF1785and turned into a door and went up to the second floor where she opened the door to this room

DSCF1789

DSCF1791

It had everything I needed the bathroom was spotless as was the bed and kitchen…..the view out the window was the alley across the way

DSCF1792

and looking down

DSCF1793

I weighed up my options and decided to take it for two nights and I paid her then and she left me her phone number and away she went.  This is all very strange because obviously this is someone’s apartment there is personal stuff all around and in the closet is a Military type uniform……I know I have taken a risk but I feel Ok about it unless someone comes home in the middle of the night!!!!!

I dumped my bags and headed out to the tourist office and found that I can get a bus at 9am tomorrow to the village of Skradin and enter the park there and get a bus back late afternoon so that will all work out.

Went on a small tour of the town, very old and narrow streets and not really many tourists!!!!

DSCF1786

DSCF1794

DSCF1803

DSCF1802

DSCF1813

DSCF1807

Check where the boat is registered…happy memories!!!

DSCF1822DSCF1823

I liked these two doors they were actually next to each other!!

DSCF1827X marks the beach I am headed to..

DSCF1830

A great little pebble beach and the swim was wonderful with this as a back drop!!!

DSCF1835

I enjoyed relaxing on the beach and on the way home came across a wedding and the Croatian version of the Mexican Mariachi!!!

DSCF1836

DSCF1841

As I have a full kitchen I stopped at the store, two minutes away, and had a great supper of chicken breast, potatoes and carrots…….

I have ben told there is free internet close to the sea wall so that is where I am heading and if you are reading this on Saturday I found it…..

On the way down stopped at this kids concert!!!

DSCF1844

DSCF1847

DSCF1845

It is a lively and vibrant down town and all very friendly lots of kids walking and smiling!!

So another good day not all went to plan but no issues

about where I finished up…..blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...