Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday 24th February 2010…market, fishing, hockey, what a day!!!

The small RV park I have been staying in closed today so my friends Barb and Frank have moved into Barra in a small apartment for a month and I moved about three blocks away to another great little place even though it is three blocks away from the ocean.

feb24 014

It is actually a small B & B with room in a small courtyard for 4 RV’s but I am the only one here it is great, very clean with wonderful facilities including Wi-Fi and 20 dollars per night.

feb24 002

feb24 003

feb24 005

This fountain is outside the main door..

feb24 016

I then went to the local market and treated myself to another soccer shirt, some shorts, strawberries and 5 second hand movies…and then it was time for my fishing expedition..

I first tried the Malecon in Melaque..

feb24 017

but I kept getting stuck in the rocks so I went on the scooter to the small village of

feb24 027

about three km away and found this nice spot…

feb24 019

Now I suppose I could tell great stories of the ones that got away…

fish1

fish4

fish2

but would you believe me….so one photo tells a 1000 words here you are Frankie baby!!!!!!!

feb24 021

SAY NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beach here is flat and the sand hard and it was a great place to do my running which I did.

feb24 026 Looking left

Looking right

feb24 024

This photo reminds me of the ending in the film Shawshanke redemption!!

feb24 023

I had a good afternoon and then came home and relaxed and read and sunbathed!!!!

Here I am parading around in my new shorts

hockey 002

and new shirt…..and before you ask Karen   NO!!!! I am not wearing them together!!!

hockey 003 Sara please note I am now shaved!!!

I then cleaned up and went to visit my friends, Joy, Lynn and Colin in Barra and then went to see Barb and Frank’s new casa ..

hockey 011

with their friends Pat and Joe…it is a small but nice apartment right on the canal.

hockey 012

hockey 014

I like this photo of Grandpa rowing!!

hockey 015

Passed the local soccer field..

hockey 009

Then it was time to find a restaurant showing the Olympic hockey game between Canada and Russia!!

hockey 018

hockey 020

Nipped out after the first period for this sunset photo..

hockey 023

hockey

It was a great game which Canada won 7 – 3 and now move onto the semi-final….WAY TO GO CANADA!!!!

 

Now did I miss anything..mmmm

oh yes…Sara left her clinic this afternoon and flew to Gold River and is driving to her home in Duncan on Vancouver Island after working for two months and she will join me in Mexico on Tuesday!!

Now did I miss anything ..mmmm

Ok I cannot contain myself any longer…that fish that I am holding above…well if you must know this man caught it when he went spear fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feb24 022

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...