Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday 17th February 2010……another adventure rained out!!!

This post starts out yesterday with me at an Internet place publishing the last two day’s of blogs.

feb162 004

I then explored the little town of Valle de Juarez and of course everything is centred around the

feb162 006

feb162 008

and the main square

feb162 009

Another beautiful area, spotlessly clean.

feb162 017

This is the reservoir that I took photos of yesterday from the mountain top.

feb162 013

feb162 012

The waterfront walk is very pretty.

feb162 011

feb162 014

Always seem to find a soccer game sooner or later.

feb162 016

All I know for sure that they are selling eggs, cheese, honey and some little black things!!!!

feb162 019 

The plan this morning was to go to find an elusive waterfall in the country but the all night rain that has continued put a damper on that idea.

Looking outside it is grey, overcast and raining steadily…..so plan B

ra 006

Hadn’t really thought about a plan B so I shall just make it up as I go along.

ra 005

Now I am not too sure about these facts but I think today is Ash Wednesday making yesterday Shrove Tuesday which in my family is a tradition to have pancakes on that day, don’t ask why I just don’t know.  Well I realised all this today so I had a lovely fluffy pancake for breakfast this morning, a day late but what the heck!!!!

Then spent the morning cleaning up all the unwanted and unused files on the computer and trying to learn more about altering the photographs that I take.

I must say that Ramona is very comfortable and it is days like this when I am glad I bought her and not the smaller Roadtrek version I was looking at.  There is so much room and I really have all I need.

I may re-assess my plans for the next few days when I get to the Internet place I will check the weather for the coast and if it is good I may drive there tomorrow instead of at the weekend.

This is day 101 since Sara and I left Duncan on the start of this journey.  It has been a remarkable time being with Sara and then spending so much time with the girls.  Apart from those few days last week when I was just under the weather a little bit and one morning of feeling thoroughly sad and sorry for myself, I have been in 100% top shape!!

It looks like it it is not going to stop raining so I am getting out the rain gear again and go into town…will keep you posted when I can!!

1 comment:

Wandering Willy said...

Glad to see you made it to Hacienda Contreras les.Too bad you have rain.I guess I used up all the sunshine last week.
Sorry our timing couldn't have been better as I would have gladly shared my internet wifi with you had I still been there.
Nice coverage of the 2 towns...They are a couple of jewels,are they not?
Take the horse to the falls.I want to see a blog photo of that.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...