Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday 14th February 2010…a mixed but lovely day!!

A Happy Valentine’s Day to all the special and wonderful ladies in my life…

 

flowers

and a Special Happy Valentine’s Day to a beautiful lady who I shall be seeing in just over two weeks…..miss you!!

scrabble 001

 

 

The time just flies by it is now 15 years since my Mum passed away on this day,  she is loved and adored just as much today….I love and miss you Mum.

scan0014  Isn’t she beautiful??

scan0009

With her three sisters!!!!

scan0007

Yes that is me!!

Yes I am wearing a dress!!

Any nasty comments and you will banned from this blog!!

I did my laps this morning I did manage to do 20 but walked the last 5….

Went to Casa Hogar this afternoon for the Valentine’s day Party, sit back and enjoy with me…

First of all on this day every year for the last 15 years I have released a balloon to the heavens in honour of my Mum this year I had some special helpers!!!

feb14 001

feb14 002

Here is my driving buddy Lupita!!

feb14 004

Paola..

feb14 005

This great couple prepared a wonderful meal for the girls and the Madres.

feb14 017

I had a wonderful time I was helping handing out drinks and collecting plates and just watching these incredible girls.

Robin was so kind to say a few words about me and tell the girls I was leaving and there was Kleenex needed when they all clapped for me!!!!!

feb14 009

feb14 008

feb14 007

After the meal the girls went outside and while the younger girls sat on the steps the older girls did some fine line dancing!!!!

feb14 036

This is Bernice the oldest girl at Casa Hogar, she is 19 years old and lovely,  she used to come with me on my school runs some days!!

feb14 030

Linda and Guy sent these adorable plush toys for the girls, they loved them THANKYOU!!

feb14 014

GiGi’s eye is getting much better.

feb14 016

As if this party was not a memorable occasion already but Alexandajro, the baby boy who stays at Casar Hogar, is usually with the older girls or one of the Madres but today I tried to get to hold him and let the Madre eat and I was surprised when he came to me and stayed, maybe the Canadian key chain had something to do with it but we messed around for a good 20 minutes…

feb14 024

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Linda and Guy for your friendship and kindness to me for so many years and again for letting me stay in your beautiful Casa….thank you for all your gifts, Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

feb14 038

Then to round off a perfect last day in SMA….the first Canadian gold medal on home soil in the winter Olympics!!!!!!

bilodeau_78965

So I bid farewell in the morning and shall probably not be near Internet access for a couple of days so please do not send money for a search party, well perhaps you can send the money……Hope your day was as special as mine…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...