Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday 1st February 2010……holiday day!!

mexican-flag

February 5th is Constitution Day in Mexico but the holiday is celebrated today.

It is also

Día de la Candelaria (Candlemas Day). This religious holiday marks the 40th day after the birth of Jesus. Special masses involve the blessing of seeds for fertility and candles, representing the light of the world.  Candlelaria is the unofficial beginning of spring and it's become famous for the plant flower sales held in Juarez Park. Dozens of vendors line the walkways of the park, selling everything imaginable for the garden. People stroll the paths planning the year's plantings.

feb1 005  

feb1 006

This park is close to the tennis RV park where I stayed in November and I used to run on the path ways through this park.  I was staggered by the number of pots, plants and flowers.  Must have taken hours to set up!!

feb1 008 These are the two basketball courts!!

feb1 009

feb1 010

feb1 011

feb1 012

This event rivals any Garden centre I have ever seen, not that I am a Garden centre connoisseur!!!!

Enough photos of Sara, here you are ladies…. you have waited long enough to see the new addition to my soccer shirt selection, sorry it is a bit blurry!!!

feb1 002

The rain eventually stopped and I was able to get groceries and  I spent the afternoon in the kitchen and hopefully the Shepherd's Pie I made will taste good.

Happy first day of the month to you all!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...