Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Monday 15th February 2010…a successful first day of the road trip

What have I done???????

I left an amazing casa in a lovely town, with beautiful girls,  with Internet, Satellite TV and a phone so I could speak to Sara every day!!!!!!    Just kidding it was an incredible time in SMA and as much as I did not want to leave all of the above it was time to move.

First of all I want to thank a friend, Terrie, for coming to my rescue this morning and helping me secure the scooter on the back of Ramona.  I will be the first to admit that I am handy man deficient and I just could not figure out how to get the ratchet straps I have to work.  It took Terrie 5 minutes so thank you.

After saying farewell to Linda and Guy and filling up with propane I was on the road by 10am.

The first 30 miles was on narrow twisty roads but then the remainder on toll roads.

feb15 007

It seems to me these were expensive toll roads in total I paid about 60 dollars but having said that they are worth it rather than going on the free roads with their multitude of topes (speed bumps) and trucks.  Although I did miss seeing the atmosphere of the small towns the free roads go through.

The toll roads are very well maintained and I can use cruise control.

feb15 005

feb15 002

Sara please skip this paragraph!!!!!!

Travelling solo it is somewhat a little daunting at times with directions and I did take two wrongs turns adding about an extra 15 miles to my journey.

OK Sara come on back….

feb15 003

Around 5pm and 260 miles later I arrived at my destination.

feb15 010

feb15 011

My friends Barb and Frank recommended I stay here, they were here for a month over Christmas.

feb15 013

The view through the front…

feb15 014

It looks like a really nice park very clean, wonderful bathrooms and showers and about 13 dollars a night including full hook ups.

There are two small towns close by and they are supposed to be very idyllic and somewhat similar to the countryside of Switzerland.  I shall get the scooter out and go exploring tomorrow.

I am going to stay here three nights, there is no Internet in the park so I shall have to take my lap top into one of the small towns to find a connection.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...