Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Tuesday 9th February 2010…..gentle day

I am still not feeling 100% but not complaining…7.30am went to Casa Hogar for my morning school run….this is how it goes I walk into the dining area and the 5 younger girls, 4 years and under, are sitting having their breakfast.  They all smile and say “Hi Les” when I walk in.  I go to them and they immediately start to count to 10 in English, I have been teaching them how to do this, they are so cute.

Then they clear their own dishes and I help each one of them wash their hands and then it is time for the cry of “Les creama”!!!  So I give them each some hand lotion and they love that.  They get their backpacks and are ready to get in the van for school.  One of the Madres accompanies me and off we go.  Without fail they either sing “Twinkle Twinkle little star” or “If your happy and you know it”…….you just have to be there to hear this!!!!!

When we arrive at school I walk hand in hand with them to the school gate where there is a teacher who gives them a squirt of hand sanitizer and they go towards their classroom but not before blowing me a kiss.

HOW CAN ANYONE BE MISERABLE IN THE MORNING WHEN THE MONRINGS START THIS WAY?????

I then went for my last visit to the Tuesday market.

feb9 001 

Some of the flavour of the market.

feb9 002

feb9 003

feb9 004

feb9 005

I have been such a good boy that I felt I deserved another soccer shirt!!

feb9 010 No that is not George Clooney, it is ME!!!!

Yes Sara I will shave before the 2nd March!!!!!!!

I spent most of the afternoon cooking I made six meals and froze them for my journey next week.

Went for a run and managed 13 laps again.

Here is the route I am taking on Monday with stops at No.3 & 4 and finishing at Barra de Navidad on the coast.

> Mainmap

Sorry this is not too clear!!

2 comments:

Wandering Willy said...

Les;Unless time isn't a factor,you might consider taking the quota north of Morelia and travelling west to La Barca,then get off and travel south through Sahuayo and Jiquilpan,both easy to get through.
I told Barb and Sal that your coming and they are anxiously awaiting your visit.They are super people.

mexicokid said...

Thanks I have been checking out the maps and i think that is the route I shall take, hope the repairs are going well, cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...