Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sunday 7th February 2010…..this and that

I have wanted to get the oil and filter changed in Ramona before I leave and the shop I took it to last year was really tight to get in and out and also they charged quite a lot.  In the local paper I saw an advert for a mobile mechanic and I gave him a call this morning.  He was available and said he could be at the house in 30 minutes and he was.

Here is Hector doing his stuff.

feb7 002

Hector spoke excellent English and I could tell he was very professional and competent.  He had all the tools and soon drained the oil which he took with him.  He checked the transmission fluid which was low and took off the filter.  He said he would go into town and buy the oil and filter so I gave him a 1000 pesos and away he went.

He was back with in 45 minutes and he put in a new filter,  7 litres of oil and almost two litres of transmission oil.

He did an outstanding job the cost for 9 litres of oil and a filter and labour????????   900 pesos about 75 dollars just so cheap!!!!

I was very happy to have this done so easily.

I then went to Casa Hogar to see if I could take the girls out and Paola was away with her Grandmother but I was allowed to take those terrible sisters!!!!!

Daniela and Lupita!!

feb7 017

Lupita has the disposition of an Angel, she sings in the taxi, thanks the taxi driver and holds my hand the whole time.  We went to the park where the plant and flower sale was still on.

feb7 004

The girls played and they love the little dish of soap you can buy to make bubbles!!

feb7 024

feb7 019

feb7 009 One show off!!!

 

One deep in thought!!

feb7 005

We had fun and as always they were no trouble at all and I always feel so good about life when I have been with them.

Came home and did some reading outside in the sun and then watched the Super Bowl.

feb7 029

I am not a huge fan of American football but the game was entertaining and I am glad the under dog team won.

Sara sent me these photos of her day yesterday.

First she had a call to a baby who had a bump on his fore head.

baby

Then two of the local kids wanted to come over to the clinic to play.

kids

One of the dogs on the Reserve, they call him Brad Pitt( the eyes!!) notice he has six toes on his back paw!!!

dog

I know I haven’t mentioned my running this week but with all that rain and with me getting drenched often I caught a little bit of a head cold and felt a little weary but I did run this afternoon but only could manage thirteen laps.  Will have to get back on track this week…blessings Les

4 comments:

Croft said...

If the guy supplied the engine oil it is very likely the wrong weight. This is no problem in warm Mexico but you should get it changed again on the way home. It will probably be due again by the time you hit Oregon or Washington anyway. Wal Mart is the cheapest place to get this done in the USA and your vehicle warranty accepts their work.

I have started to use full synthetic oil in the MH. Much better quality oil and not that much more expensive in the USA. Canada is a different story though.

Have fun!

mexicokid said...

Thanks Croft for the info I did intend to get another oil change before I cross the border didn't know Walmart would be a good place, would you suggest I use that synthetic oil too? Cheers Les

Croft said...

I like WalMart for lube and oil changes but not all stores can take larger vehicles. No appointment needed and seldom any wait. Their prices are very good. We usually park in their lot overnight, unhook the car and get the work done in the morning.

I would use full synthetic if I were you. It costs a little more but has better lubricating qualities. It is cheap insurance.

I brought oil and a filter with me (bought it in Wal Mart in Yuma) and will get it changed in the next couple of days. Labour is very cheap here but oil is very expensive. I should be able to get a mechanico to change the oil and filter for under $100 pesos (using my oil and filter). Last time it only cost me $30 pesos!

mexicokid said...

Thanks Croft will do that in Washington, cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...