Sunday, December 28, 2008

Just like Grandma and Grandpa did…

 

My Sunday morning started with me talking to all my family on Skype this morning, including Great Nephew, Tom.  Sure good to hear them all and then to know that Janet and Malc will be here Friday.

I then biked to the RV park and Frank and I biked down by the railway station and back here to the house, where we had a little lunch and Frank biked back.

I then did what my Grandparents used to do on Sunday afternoons, I went for a drive in the country.

Took some more back roads and saw the man fishing in the lake.lll 004

lll 001

Thought I was close to home.lll 020

lll 005

Just some interesting scenery.lll 008

 

 

 

 

 

 

Saw quite a few animals.lll 006

lll 009

lll 010

lll 013

lll 017

A chicken and a cow on the road.

lll 022

Not the Hoover Dam but still quite impressive.lll 024

On the drive back to town thought this was a good photograph.lll 028

Yesterday when I was visiting the swimming hot springs I thought to myself I would love to bring Paola here.  I realize how this idea could be interpreted so I asked my friend Barb what she thought about the idea and she said she thought it would be fine.  So I e mailed the Director of the Santa Julia home for her input and I got a positive answer from her.

So tonight I drove to the home.lll 029 Of course seeing Paola again was a bonus.  In my limited Spanish I asked the Madre if tomorrow I could take Paola and three of her friends to the pools.  She smiled and I think she replied yes they could.  So I shall go tomorrow at noon and take the girls to the pool.

Tonight I went back to the theatre where I went last week for the play which was cancelled.lll 031

lll 036

The show was a one woman play about life in India and was very well acted and enjoyable.

I am now writing the blog and listening to the Canucks Hockey broadcast.

Those of you who have been following the blog will realize I have not mentioned the Mighty Tigers ( My brother’s football team in England).  The reason being that the Mighty Tigers have not been so Mighty these last two games, I will not mention the scores!!!

Hope the weekend was a good one and my friends in Nanaimo are at last getting some respite from the snow.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...