Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Another great day

started with the sun shining and it was quite warm at 8am this morning.  After breakfast went to my Spanish class.  I really feel that I am making some progress this is the first time after one lesson I am not attempting to conjugate verbs.  Already I have learned numbers so now know how much things cost.  Learned to ask and tell time, names of fruits and vegetables and today how to ask and understand directions.  Lilly is an excellent teacher.

After class is was off to the School for the deaf children for their Christmas Party.lkm 002 A little history first I know Linda will not be happy with this but I feel it very important to tell you what an incredible woman she is.  Where they had their restaurant in Puerto Penasco Linda, with help from Guy, organized a Christmas party for over 80 children at a special needs school and she did that for nearly 8 years.  It was such hard work, which for 7 years I was honoured to be a small part, but the rewards were priceless.

When they moved to SMA,  Linda found out this little school which is not funded except by private donations,  the children had never had a Christmas Party, enough said.  Linda took charge and with the kind donations of fellow Rotarians and other local residents presents were bought and wrapped, a cake was ordered and Santa was invited.

The end result was that this morning over 35 kids that cannot speak had their first Christmas Party, their first sight of a live Santa and to sit on his knee, cake and a whole lot of fun.  Linda you are an ANGEL!!

Sit back and I dare you not to be in the Holiday spirit after these photographs!!!!lkm 005

lkm 007

lkm 009 Linda, Guy and Santa!!lkm 010 lkm 013

lkm 016 lkm 017 lkm 021

 

 

 

 

lkm 024 The school director!

lkm 040 lkm 032

lkm 043 lkm 044

lkm 048 lkm 026

Every one had a wonderful time!!

 

I DID IT!!!!!!   After the party I came home and went for my run and for the first time I managed to run 5 laps!!!

Then it was studying and a little sunbathing and then back to school for my small help in the English class with my teacher Lilly and of course guess who is in this class????lkm 056

lkm 057 lkm 059 My Paola!!

It was lovely to see her again and I got the big hug when I walked into class.

Well I guess my Spanish is not as good as I thought it was.  Whilst running in the park I saw a notice on a vendors cart advertising what I thought was a concert of African dance and music tonight at 7.30pm.

So after supper I found the studio where the event was to be taking place but it was not a concert but classes.  Now when it comes to dancing I have the proverbial 6 left and 4 right feet.  I kindly declined the offer and came home and listened to the live broadcast of the Canucks hockey game whilst doing some studying.

Yet another awesome day,,,

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...