Sunday, December 14, 2008

Guess what time I woke up this morning??

Can you believe 9.15am I have never slept in that late in years!!!

A little warmer this morning and now the sun is out and it is lovely. I plan to take the bus to a town called Dolores Hidalgo about 40 miles away.

Tried a new way to walk into town went down the hill to the railway tracks.kkkj 001 Then went by this very unusual house.kkkj 006

Then arrived at the stationkkkj 007

 

 

 

 

 

 

and walked to the Central bus station. kkkj 009 The fare for the ride was 28 pesos, not even 3 dollars and the bus left about 5 minutes after I sat down.

Dolores Hidalgo is a very famous town founded in 1568, this is where the Mexican Independence movement really started and the famous cry for Independence was shouted by Father Hidalgo on the 16th September 1810 at this very beautiful church.kkkj 011

The intricate designs on the outside are very unusual and beautiful.kkkj 017

The church was packedkkkj 018 The main square was very busy.kkkj 020

The square is also know for the very unusual flavours of ice cream.kkkj 022

Tequila ice cream!!!!!!   Ok I admit it I had the Vanilla and strawberry combination!

Here they don’t sell chips by the bag, they sell by the chip!!kkkj 035

I think I would look good in those blue boots.kkkj 036

Market day photos.

kkkj 039 

kkkj 041

kkkj 040

At another church I think it was a service to bless the babies.kkkj 030

kkkj 033

kkkj 034

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The town is also renown for the pottery it manufactures.

kkkj 044

kkkj 045

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was a lovely minute, the store was displaying colourful sinks outside in a rack, this kid must have thought something else!!kkkj 046

The bus ride back was an easy one and I walked home and arrived back around 5pm after another good day.

Now listening to the Canucks broadcast again,  I know you are saying “What you are not watching a hockey game on that big TV?”

P.S.

Couldn’t let this moment go by with out showing you pictures of my home town taken about 7 hours ago!

pp

snow snowww snoww vv

No comment needed from me……stay warm my friends in Nanaimo!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...