Friday, December 19, 2008

Fun filled Friday…

Well I biked into town for my last Spanish lesson this morning.  It is quite a bit warmer now than it was last week in the mornings.

Lilly, my teacher, had me review all that we had done the last 13 days.  She was very pleased with my progress and I am happy too as I know so much more and understand so much more.  We talked for the whole hour in Spanish obviously my words and sentences are dis-jointed and my vocabulary limited but I intend to continue studying on my own.  This was a great experience and now after all these years of coming to Mexico I feel I have started on the road to be able to communicate in a way that I can be understood and to understand some of what is being said to me.

At noon I was so happy to welcome my friends Barb and Frank, from the island to SMA.  We last met up about three weeks ago at Kino Bay so it is great to see them and they are going to stay over Christmas.  They are parked in the spot I had in the Tennis RV park.  Annie B looks pretty good!!IMG_1659

After a short visit I had to leave to go to my last English class and it was party time there.IMG_1650

IMG_1651

IMG_1654 IMG_1656 IMG_1657

IMG_1658

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry it seems I had my silly face on today!!

I have also really enjoyed this class.  Patty the teacher is very good with the kids and they have being taking classes for over one year and their English is so good, if only my Spanish was half as good.

We had a party with sandwiches, chips, pop and ice cream and we all exchanged gifts.  It was a great send off for the kids.

Back to have supper at Barb and Frank’s, thanks it was a lovely meal.  We then had a walk down to the main plaza and it was filled with teenagers, kids and some old folks like us.

So ends another week and I am so lucky to have good friends……good night.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...