Friday, February 15, 2008

Just came to the office at Hogar before I leave and checking my e mails when into the office comes Damaris, 9 years old and beautiful with a smile that could charm the Queen of England. She comes and stands over me and looks at what I am doing so I decided to show her some photographs from my trips. For the first time Damaris sees snow, whales, deer in the streets of Nanaimo, my family and she is such a delight.

There are no photographs just a memory that will stick forever with me. Another story here is of a young boy who came here when he was 8 years old and stayed until he was 20 he is a qualified mechanic and met and married an American lady and they have two small kids and live in Oregon. Every winter for three months he and his family come back here and work with the kids, what a story and I met him and his family this morning.

What a way to start my day before heading off further inland, wish you all a great weekend, blessings

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...