Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday 26 th February 2022….back in the good old US of A🇺🇸

 This was a real easy day after two days of long hikes!!!


I was on the road by 9 am and the highway to the border was all toll roads and with light traffic!!








Crossing the border was a breeze in line about ten minutes and no questions no showing Covid vaccinations……and arrived at my little motel in Nogales around 2 pm…..






After getting settled in went to the Mall and walked around and bought myself some new tennis shoes and now settling in to watch the final of the tennis from Acapulco…My hero Rafa  taking on a British guy, Norrie, should be a good matchup!!




A little story…..


In May of 1980 I married Connie in Bermuda and she was a Bermudian resident and had two young daughters Michelle and Mia and they would have been around 14 and 16 years old…..we had applied to get Canadian  residency and Connie’s brother had sponsored us all as he 

was married to a Canadian and owned a grocery store in Alberta.


After the wedding we all left Bermuda and  the next day arrived in Smoky Lake, Alberta, our new home…..








I started working in the grocery store, the girls went to school and Connie soon opened a travel agency…..


Smoky Lake is a very small rural town with 1200 inhabitants and it was in a large community area that was all Ukrainian immigrants, in fact Larry, who I just spent the day with is of that decent and his grand parents came to Canada from the old country….


The local people were a little hard to get to know but once you were accepted and became part of the community they were like the Mexican people very friendly and kind.


My marriage did not last but I did stay in the community for 13 years before moving to Vancouver Island in 1993….


I heart and prayers go out to the people of Ukraine at this most dreadful time of their lives!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...