Thursday, October 21, 2021

Thursday 21 st October 2021...Mexico!!

So this is how it works in Mexico.....

Yesterday afternoon on  my way to poker I got a complete flat tire on the rear wheel of my scooter 


I was able to push it the 200 yards to Ray’s house where we play poker and Ray kindly let me keep the scooter there overnight.

This morning after tennis I had arranged for my friend Beto to come pick me up in his truck and we were going to go and get the scooter and take it to the repair shop.

Unfortunately  Beto became sick overnight and he texted me saying he was so sorry he could not help me this morning......so there I was at the tennis courts with no way to get my scooter to the  shop......Plan B except I did not have a plan B......

This is what I love about Mexico and it’s people......I stood on the street corner and decided to flag down the first small truck that I saw drive by and I did and he stopped.

I tried to explain that I needed to hire him for thirty minutes and offered him 300 pesos......the man told me to get in the truck and off we went to Ray’s house which was only five minutes away......my new friend Oswald was a neat guy and spoke a little English.

We loaded the scooter on the back of the truck and I sat in the back and held on to it and Oswald drove to my repair shop which is on the street where I live....

Unloaded and the whole process took 25 minutes!!

I will pick up the scooter mañana...what is not to love about this story??

Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...