Saturday, October 16, 2021

Saturday 16 th October 2021.....reflections....

As I sit in my recliner watching live tennis from Indian Wells, California.......








I reflect that I was scheduled to be at this tournament working as an usher but because of Covid border restrictions I had to cancel.


Of course you remember that in March of 2020 I was again scheduled he to be working at the same tournament and that time I actually got to Palm Springs.....had my orientation, received my uniform and shift schedule...






 had my Airbnb booked for 18 days and about one hour before my first shift I received a call informing me that the tournament had been cancelled by the health authorities and the dreaded Covid pandemic was just starting.


I managed to cancel my Airbnb booking and continued driving to Canada and arrived at my amazing friends, Heather and Kirby, home on the ocean the day quarantine started.


They welcomed me with open arms and I was blessed to stay in their downstairs apartment with ocean and mountain views and visited by deer every day.








So for seven months like most people I stayed put and practiced social distancing..my saving grace was Heather and Kirby’s incredible dog Boomer.





I took him hiking with me every afternoon and we saw amazing waterfalls most days and I told him all my stories.































How lucky was I to stay on beautiful Vancouver Island, with “family” until 30 th September 2020 when I flew back to my home in San Miguel.....


Perhaps I will go work at the tennis tournament in March of 2022.


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi  Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...